No dogma please. And hold the mustard. For something to be called Christianity, it should be based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Subsequently, What Did Jesus Really Say is an easy to read introduction that reflects on God, Karma, Buddhism, Kabbalah, Reincarnation, Politics, and even Astrophysics.
This is not an anti-Jesus book as some Christian critics have claimed. And Peter Cayce is not an atheist. Cayce treats both Jesus and God with respect.
Quite simply, Cayce states that Born Again Christians take the Bible far too literally. And since Christian Fundamentalists often vote for political candidates who profess some very archaic Christian Fundamentalist views, the literal meaning of the Bible has to be considered very carefully.
This book, therefore, is written primarily for Born Again Christians and for those who are influenced -- even "pressured" -- to believe that if you don't adhere to the tenets of Christian Fundamentalism, that you are going to hell.
In contrast, this book puts the gentle and loving teachings of Jesus into clear and concise perspective. Jesus was NOT a Christian Fundamentalist !
(1) Jesus never said he needed to die for our sins so we could be "saved." Only Paul and John make this claim. Christianity has therefore become a form of "Paulism" and "Johnism" that emphasize the Savior aspect of Jesus.
(2) Paul had never met or heard Jesus teach (while Jesus was alive), and John tells a story that's so different from the other disciples that we must seriously question him as a source. This is important since nearly 50% of the New Testament is attributed to Paul and John.
(3) Did you also know there are two very different biblical stories about how Judas dies?
(4) And Mary Magdalene wasn't a prostitute until the Pope made her one in the sixth century.
(5) Pope Urban II even made killing non-Christians acceptable in the eleventh century.
(6) Other subjects include ancient Buddhist records about Jesus possibly traveling to India and studying Buddhism. Jesus may even have studied and practiced Kabbalah.
Jesus Had It Right, But
Christianity Got It Wrong.
Order Your Book Today!